FINAL YEAR PROJECT IDEAS
Posted by % Ramkumar % on September 6, 2008
Hi friends, I think this is the time to decide about the final year projects. Everyone will be having some ideas about their final year projects. Asking to everybody some people are saying that they are going to do their project in the project centers, some say that they are going to do some company projects, and others are saying that they are going to do their projects by their own. But my question is In which topic they are going to do their projects?
On thinking about this question most of the students choosing the Java, J2EE or Windows .NET based Client – Server Applications or Complex Database Applications or Web Applications in PHP, ASP.NET or ASP.NET Consulting and Development or C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, SOAP, Component Architecture, XML or Wireless Applications and Application Maintenance or CRM and Portal Development projects and so these fields has more and wider range of explorations in today’s trend. Seeing the usage of the projects they are categorized into application projects and core projects.
Most of the application projects like Core banking, Internet banking, Payroll management, Academic management, Stock exchange, Ticket reservation, etc. are client-server type for which again the same technologies like Java/J2EE or C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, and ASP.NET are used which is also flexible to develop those projects. On viewing the core projects like network monitoring, server development, developing mail and forum servers, wireless technology projects, etc. are also developed by the same technologies that we saw before. But this is like Riding a cycle in different angles but inside a same ring”.
On the other hand there is also fields like graphics, multimedia, visual media, etc. Peoples like cine artists, poster designers, graphics experts, video visualizes, etc are only doing projects in this fields. And most of the students are not choosing these fields its all because the fields that we saw before (Java/J2EE or C#, VB.NET, ADO.NET, and ASP.NET) are having more expectations than these fields in current trend but some of the multimedia technologies like Flash, Photoshop are still used in developing the web page effectively. Also the MNCs are encouraging the server based projects only this is because their current projects are present under the same category and also they are recruiting and training the people in the same field.
And so the company projects are also present under the same category. Even the project centers are also providing the projects according to the current trends. The following list contains some of the current trend projects that project centers provide.
1. Ticket Pre-Define System 2. Bug Tracking System
3. Disciplinary Monitoring System 4. Student Result Management System
5. Intra/ Inter Search Engine 6. Financial Administration
7. Commercial Banking Software 8. e-CRM
9. Mortgage Management 10. Outsourcing Software
11. Airline Reservation 12. Railway Reservation
13. Hotel Pre-Define Software 14. Hostel Management System
15. Web-based Theatre Pre-Define 16. Telecom Management
17. Automotive Management 18. Matrimonial Service
19. Automated Selection Software 20. Travel Administration
21. Mapping Software 22. Placement Cell
23. Centralized DBMS System 24. Centralized Bookshop Management
25. Voting software 26. Knowledgebase
27. Inter-Hospital Messaging System 28. Internal Corporate Communication
29. Communication System 30. Discussion Board
31. Chat Server 32. Data Centre
33. Web-based Classifieds 34. Advertising Software
35. Stock Management 36. Inventory Control
37. Purchase Management System 38. Invoicing and Customer Mngt System
39. Employee and Machinery Allotment 40. Product Management System
41. Accounting Software 42. Textile Administration
43. Paper Market Administration 44. Super Market Administration
45. Customer Support (CRM) 46. Java Client Mail Application (Intranet)
47. Web-based Hospital Administration 48. Pharmacy
49. Blood Bank 50. Hospital Pre-Define Software
51. Medical Encyclopedia 52. Secure Shopping Mall
53. Reservation System 54. Product Catalog
55. Centralized Network Management 56. Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP)
57. Click Stream Data Analysis. 58. Shopping Cart
59. Order Tracking & Transaction 60. Stock Market Application
61. Multilevel Marketing System 62. Auction Software
63. Net-Banking 64. Multiple File Upload and Download
65. Secure Encryption Software 66. News Server
67. Directory 68. Medical Information Software
69. Yellow Pages 70. Dictionary
71. Virtual Classroom 72. Offline Examination software
73. Centralized Library Administration 74. Centralized Academic Results
75. Offline School Management. 76. Windows ¡V Net-Send (tool)
77. Card-Magic Game (Small App). 78. Intranet Mail Server
79. Virtual Shopping Mall (Real Time) 80. Enterprise Management Sys (Real Time)
If any students are interested to do their projects from project centers they can easily approach with any of the above topics. And students can try these projects by their own efforts.
This article is not only for the final year’s students but also for the juniors to know about the current trend of the projects that are done by our IT field. And finally my best advice is please do not buy any projects. Do it by your own or if you are going to do it in project centers do with proper guidance because this is the place where we are going to show ourselves as an engineer to this society.
“It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.”